Cutest Blog Background

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Watercolor Cards & a Challenge



Hello, Dear Stamping Friends!  I am happy to say that I've been stampng today, making birthday cards for the rest of the month.  Can you believe tomorrow is Palm Sunday?  I just had to show you my Spring-like cards.  I've embossed both images on watercolor paper, but used different mediums to add the colors.  The pink card was made by using Watercolor Wonder Crayons from Stampin' Up!.  They are super easy to use, and thanks to my talented friend, Julie, I was reminded just how WONDERful they are.  I simply swiped a line of color where I wanted it and used a water soaked paintbrush to 'swish' the color around.  As you can see, the colors are soft & pretty.  Because I wanted a more bold look, I made the purple card by using markers to add color.  I then used the same 'swishing' technique to finish off the look. 


I've put the purple card at the top of my post because I'm going to use it for a challenge - Stampin' Sisters in Christ asks us to use purple or wood this week.  The verse is Mark 15:17 "They put a purple robe on him, then twisted together a crown of thorns and set it on him." CONTEXT PASSAGE: Mark 15: 16-20


I think the colors of Spring and the gorgeousness of flowers are much brighter to us when we know what a sacrifice our Savior made in order to have fellowship with us.  Like you, I'm thankful for Jesus & the hope He's given me for a future with Him.  Enjoy the rest of your weekend.  Blessings, Laurie


 

3 comments:

Grace said...

Oh wow Laurie... these are both gorgeous! I love the springy colors of both! Beautiful birthday cards! Thanks for playing along with us at Stampin Sisters in Christ! Have a wonderful weekend!

Kristine said...

Laurie!! How fun to have you play with us this week... we miss you!! Both cards are fabulous, and I agree, God's beautiful flowers are much sweeter in Spring when we remember the price He paid. Love your watercoloring =)Thanks for playing along! Hugs, Kris

Elizabeth, The Shepherdess said...

These are beautiful cards, Laurie! You've done such a wonderful job, I never would have known the purple 'DP' was handmade! I've always like spring the best. I think it's because 'everything is new', symbolic of what we have in Christ because of His sacrifice. Yes, much brighter flowers.